How to Stay
Eligibility and Admission Process
- A referral must be obtained from a clinical professional validating the child is in treatment. The referral form to be completed will be given at the time of registration to the Ronald McDonald House.
- An eligible family is placed on a wait list. This does not guarantee a room. The availability depends on the discharge of families currently residing at the Ronald McDonald House.
- Confirmation is made only on the date of arrival.
- If a room is not available on the requested date, families will remain on the wait list until a room is open.
- Once a confirmation is received, families may check in after 2 PM.
Requirements to stay:
- The patient must be 21 years of age or younger.
- The child must be an active patient receiving medical treatment.
- All families must have a permanent residence and live 50 miles or more from the Ronald McDonald House
- Anyone over the age of 18 must have a valid state or federal photo ID upon check-in.
Who May Stay
- Any family member or guardian who provides care and support for the child. One room per family – maximum of 4 persons per room.
Fees for Stay
- Guests are asked to make a $20 contribution per night but no family is turned away regardless of their ability to pay.
- Financial aid is reviewed by management on an individual basis.
Request a Room
To request a room, a family member or guardian must contact the Ronald McDonald House via phone call or online form to be placed on the wait list. Please call 304-598-0050 or to begin the online registration process.
- A representative of Ronald McDonald House Charities will contact you with room availability.
- Unfortunately, due to the nature of the care of the patient, rooms cannot be guaranteed in advance. A family’s length of stay is often uncertain; instead, a family’s name is placed on a wait list for their day of arrival. Rooms are assigned daily as they become available.
Hotel Referral Program
Because of our high occupancy rate, we work with several area hotels to offer families an alternative. These hotels offer a discounted rate on rooms for families referred by Ronald McDonald House Charities of Morgantown.
Requirements for Hotel Referral:
- You DO have to live 50 miles or greater from Morgantown.
- You must have a patient 21 years of age or younger receiving care at an area medical facility.
Criminal Background Check Form
Please be advised that every new visitor to the Ronald McDonald House must complete and submit a Criminal Background Check form.
Ronald McDonald House Charities opens its doors to up to 16 families each day, which requires a tremendous effort from our staff, volunteers, other families, and very generous community donors. To provide for the health and safety of everyone involved, we ask all families to observe the House Rules and Infectious Disease Policy. Ronald McDonald House Charities reserves the right to ask any family to check out at any time should it be considered necessary to preserve the well-being or health and safety of the other families in the House.